Intro to Python I: Python Fundamentals
Intro to Python I: Python Fundamentals Online
Are you interested in getting started in coding but, haven't had the resources and teaching services to start? Data Services is offering a two-part introductory online series on Python that gently exposes attendees to the world of Python. These workshops are oritented towards very beginner and no-experience coders, as well as those interested in getting started with Python. These workshops use Software Carpentry's introductory Python workshop series and are conducted in Jupyter Notebooks and taught through live Zoom meetings.
In the first Python workshop, we will cover the following topics:
- What basic data types can I work with in Python?
- How can I create a new variable in Python
- Can I change the value associated with a variable after I create it?
In the second Python workshop, we will cover the following topics:
- Explain what a library is and what libraries are used for.
- Import a Python library and use the functions it contains.
- Read tabular data from a file into a program.
- Select individual values and subsections from data.
- Perform operations on arrays of data.
- Dates & Times:
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm, Monday, November 2, 2020
12:00pm - 1:00pm, Monday, November 9, 2020
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.