Python Pandas II
Python Pandas II Online
Are you interested in using Python for data analysis? Or are looking for a more efficient way to perform data analysis? University of Oregon Libraries Data Services is offering an online two-sequence series on Pandas for Python. For those who are new to Pandas, or have never heard of it before, Pandas is an excellent tool for uploading, manipulating, and cleaning two,and three dimensional tabular data. “Pandas is a fast, powerful, flexible and easy to use open source data analysis and manipulation tool, built on top of the Python programming language.” (pandas.pydata.org).
This two workshop series will be held over Zoom and will use Jupyter Notebooks. All material in these workshops are from pandas.pydata.org tutorials.
The two-series pandas workshop will cover the following:
First part of series-
- •What is pandas?
- •Getting started with pandas
- •What kind of data can pandas handle?
- •How do I read and write tabular data?
Second part of series-
- •How do I select a subset of a DataFrame?
- •How to create plots in pandas?
- •How to create new columns derived from existing columns?
- Dates & Times:
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm, Monday, November 16, 2020
12:00pm - 1:30pm, Monday, November 30, 2020
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.