Introduction to the Unix Command-line
Introduction to the Unix Command-line Online
This two-session workshop is an introduction to the Unix command-line and the shell language Bash. No computer science or programming experience is necessary for this course, and it is ideal for anyone that wants to use their computer more efficiently.
The first session (Monday) will cover:
- Orientation and when to use the command-line
- Navigating files and directories
- Working with files and directories
The second session (Wednesday) will cover:
- Basic data streams
- Pipes and other operators
- Shell scripts
This workshop is based on this Software Carpentries workshop.
- Dates & Times:
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm, Monday, January 11, 2021
12:00pm - 1:30pm, Wednesday, January 13, 2021
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.