Excel for Research 2: Spreadsheet Quality Control
Excel for Research 2: Spreadsheet Quality Control Online
This workshop series will be offered remotely via Zoom.
This workshop covers Excel skills such as handling dates as data, basic quality control, data manipulation in spreadsheets and exporting data from spreadsheets. For more information on this workshop, visit https://researchguides.uoregon.edu/library_workshops/spreadsheets
This is a three-part series including:
1. Formatting and Data Wrangling - The first workshop introduces you to tricks like using absolute and relative cell references to more easily modify data and discusses best practices in spreadsheet management.
2. Quality Control - The second workshop discusses the complexity of dates in spreadsheet programs, tricks for managing dates, and how to export your data to CSV for analysis in statistical software.
3. Data Visualization - The final workshop introduces data visualization best practices and how to build basic charts and graphs in Excel.
You can attend any workshop in the series without attending all of them; however, if you skip ahead in the series, we recommend reviewing the pre-requisites (listed in the "spreadsheets" LibGuide) to make sure you are prepared. If you would like to schedule a version of this sequence for your lab, student group, or as part of a class, reach out to us at DataServices@uoregon.edu.
Related LibGuide: Library Workshop Descriptions by Gabriele Hayden
- Dates & Times:
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm, Tuesday, January 12, 2021
12:00pm - 1:00pm, Tuesday, January 19, 2021
12:00pm - 1:00pm, Tuesday, January 26, 2021
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.