Digital Research, Education, and Media (DREAM) Lab
What is the DREAM Lab for?
The DREAM Lab is intended to facilitate integration and expansion of digital scholarship, research data management, and educational technology services for the University. It serves as the Libraries’ new shared space for innovative, research-led teaching, experimentation, and consultation for the University’s efforts involving digital scholarship, research data management, digital pedagogy, and use of digital primary source materials and artifacts for teaching, learning, and scholarship.
Faculty and graduate students are welcome to use the space as part of their technology-intensive digital research and education initiatives with a focus on new modes of open scholarly communications and open digital pedagogy praxis.
This includes but not limited to:
- Digital publishing
- Supporting digital collections and exhibits development
- Managing research data and reproducibility
- Developing open education resources
- Enhancing instructional design practices
- Creating and reusing digital primary sources and artifacts
- Enhancing discipline and interdisciplinary digital research or education projects
There are 4 reservable individual areas in the Lab. We also have an option to book the entire DREAM Lab. Individual space reservations include:
- 2 private collaboration rooms
- Sofa area with bar-height seating attached
- 32 seat workshop space. Each of these spaces features large screens and video conferencing technology, with support for bringing your own device, including electrical outlets and hardwired data connections
Where is the DREAM Lab located?
The Digital Research, Education, and Media Lab is located on the first floor of the Knight Library. For directions visit the UO Campus map.
When is the space available to book?
Monday-Friday 9am-5pm during Fall, Winter, and Spring terms.
Monday-Friday before 9am and after 5pm
Saturdays and Sundays
Closed finals week for all terms
Closed during University Holidays
Closed during winter and spring break
Closed during the summer
All bookings must be made at least 2 hours in advance. You can also make a reservation when you come to the DREAM Lab if there are spaces available.
Who should I contact with questions about the DREAM Lab?
If you have any questions about the Digital Research, Education, and Media Lab please contact Digital Scholarship Services, email@example.com.