Introduction to SQL 1: Selecting and Filtering Data
Introduction to SQL 1: Selecting and Filtering Data Online
Remote workshop. Do you work with databases as part of your job and want to understand them better or learn how to query them? Or do you work with spreadsheets and wonder if a relational database is for you? This introductory workshop sequence is designed for folks with no programming background. In the first class you will learn how to do the following:
- Define a relational database.
- Explain what SQL is and why to use it.
- Understand how SQL can be used to query databases.
- Understand how to build queries, using SQL keywords such as
- Write queries that
SELECTdata based on conditions.
- Understand how to use the
WHEREclause in a statement.
- Learn how to use comparison keywords such as
LIKEin a statement.
For more information about this workshop series, see the complete workshop description page here.