Knight DREAM Lab Workshop Space (122) Capacity: 32
When is the space available to book?
The DREAM Lab is open for operations during Fall, Winter, and Spring terms Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm.
What's included in this space?
- 3 large Sony HD monitors
- Mobile rectangular tables and chairs
- Mobile lectern podium
- Mac laptop
- Presentation remote
- Comfortable for workshops up to 30 people
- Whiteboards and markers
- Video conferencing equipment for workshop recording
- Electrical outlets for charging laptops and devices
- Data network ports
- Cables and adapters available for checkout
- Space Usage Guidelines
Where is the DREAM Lab located?
The Digital Research, Education, and Media Lab is located on the first floor of the Knight Library. For directions visit the UO Campus map.
What is the DREAM Lab for?
The DREAM Lab is intended to facilitate integration and expansion of digital scholarship, research data management, and educational technology services for the University. It serves as the Libraries’ new shared space for innovative, research-led teaching, experimentation, and consultation for the University’s efforts involving digital scholarship, research data management, digital pedagogy, and use of digital primary source materials and artifacts for teaching, learning, and scholarship.
Faculty and graduate students are welcome to use the space as part of their technology-intensive digital research and education initiatives with a focus on new modes of open scholarly communications and open digital pedagogy praxis.
This includes but not limited to:
- Digital publishing
- Supporting digital collections and exhibits development
- Managing research data and reproducibility
- Developing open education resources
- Enhancing instruction design practices
- Creating and reusing digital primary sources and artifacts
- Enhancing discipline and interdisciplinary digital research or education projects